In order to graduate you need to have completed everything needed for your degree (courses, thesis, etc.) and you also need to apply for graduation. Discuss your graduation with your supervisor and familiarize yourself with all the information on this site!
You can apply for the degree certificate when all the graduation requirements are fulfilled.
Note that if you wish to receive your official degree certificate during summer 2023, you will need to apply for graduation/your degree certificate by 1 June 2023. If you apply for your degree certificate after 1 June 2023 you will receive your degree certificate at the earliest at the end of August or September.
Contact E-mail: studentaffairs
Read all sites/links mentioned on this site and once you've read through it all you can follow these suggested steps:
- Submit your thesis.
- Remember to save the thesis evaluation statement that your supervisor issues. You will need to submit it when apply for your degree certificate.
- Check that the statement is signed. The document can be electronically signed but if there is no signature at all you must ask for a signed statement.
- Make sure that you have completed all courses and trainings needed and that you have the correct amount of credits for graduation.
- All credits must be registered in ASTA before you can apply for your degree certificate.
- Return your books to Arcada's library.
- Submit your application for degree certificate.
- Note that your Arcada IT account will be deactivated shortly after you have submitted your application for degree certificate. Make sure you have saved any files or e-mails you want to keep.
- Return your student key to Arcada's information desk.
We help with (among other things):
- Discount cards (HSL and KELA meal vouchers) NOTE! With a student card you get these benefits. We recommend that you use the HSL app.
- Academic year registration
- Study rights
- Application for a diploma
- Credits for external achievements
- Forms and certificates
- Change of first or last name and personal identity number
Reception times in the library and by phone as follows (please note that you can email us at any time):
|Tuesday||at 11-12.30 in the Library|
|Wednesday||at 13-15 phone|
|Thursday||at 11-12.30 in the Library|
How to apply
Applying for your degree certificate is the final thing you have to do to graduate from Arcada.
Do you know when you should apply?
After submitting the application
The degree certificate will be ready in about three weeks after you submit a complete application. Postage is not included in this process.
Arcada University of Applied Sciences arranges graduation ceremonies twice a year.
Arcada account and e-mail
Your Arcada user account will close after submitting the application for the degree certificate. This means that you will not be able to access any of the e-services at Arcada (e.g.