Here we have collected all information about studying at Arcada. You can find anything from how to register for a course and exams to the support available to you when writing your thesis. When you need advice along the way you can always turn to the study advisors at the office of student affairs or to the amanuensis at your department.

Course Enrolment

The enrolment for a course begins two weeks before the start of the period and ends two weeks after the start of the period. The enrolment begins at 9 am and closes at midnight. Note that some courses may have a different enrolment period.


Examination requirements and forms of examination are stated in the course description. Teachers who are responsible for preparing and administrating the examinations are called examiners.


Here you find all programmes in English according to department.

Departments and Units

Today Arcada had five departments offering programmes on Bachelor and Master levels. As a students you can choose courses within other programmes, so make sure to have a look at everything that is on offer.

Registration for the academic year

Students are, by law, required to register for each academic year (Polytechnics Act 29 §). At Arcada, registration for the academic year shall be made every year during the time 15 April – 10 September.

The Right to Study

Your right to study for a bachelor’s or master’s degree at a university of applied sciences is granted by the Rector.

Degree and Master Thesis

The aim of studies at a university of applied sciences is to educate people in the skills of a specific professional area and develop an ability to conceptually analyse issues within that field.

The Academic Year

Here you will find all dates and other important information related to the current academic year (2021-2022).

Language studies

Language and communication skills courses at Arcada are provided by lecturers in


Here you will find information about the insurance policy for students at Arcada

Rules and rights

As a student you have rights and obligations. Here is the full list of documents relevant for you and your studies at Arcada.