The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Social services 2021 - Pedagogics for early childhood
- Social services 2021 (multiform learning) - Pedagogics for early childhood
- Social services 2022 - Pedagogics for early childhood
- Social services 2022 (multiform learning) - Pedagogics for early childhood
- Social services 2023 (multiform learning) - Pedagogics for early childhood
- Social services 2023 - Pedagogics for early childhood
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course supports skills
development in client work and co-workingship,
leadership and entrepreneurship.
The aim of the course is to provide competence
education teacher for social workers.
At the end of the course the student is
to be able to
- demonstrate understanding of childhood from a
historical and contemporary perspective and
reflect on what a child's perspective means in
relation to this
- discuss childcare education and methods in
relation to goals that have been set.
- demonstrate knowledge of how to identify
children's socialpedagogycal needs and how to
support children's development and learning
through play together with others.
- reflects on how an approach where diversity
and gender are rooted in a child education
activity, taking into account an equality and
gender equality perspective.
- demonstrate the ability to plan, implement
evaluate a project in a day-to-day context on a
- Understand the importance of working with the
parents, recognizing situations where the
can be stressed and professionally can discuss
and refer to the necessary support services.
- can reflect on how "project as method" and
results of the project can develop the field of
work and the students own knowledge.
- demonstrates the ability to discuss
alternative child pedagogical orientations
- understands the role and responsibility of
kindergarten teacher in the working group
The law on early childhood education
UN?s Convention of Children?s rights
From kindergarten to early childhood education
Attachment theory, habituation to daycare
Cooperation with guardians
Early support to the families
The role of the bachelor of social science
Bullying prevention work
Multi-professional collaboration, teachers,
caregivers, special teachers, counseling, speech
and occupational therapists
Different pedagogical approaches
The importance of play for the child's development
cultural and gender sensitivity
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The course is primarily intended for students
who pursue early education teacher degree.
should have completed at least 100 ECTS / 2
years of study within the social education
program in order to participate.
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
To pass the course the student should pass the
Examination 1 ....
Examination 2.... etc.
(examinations include written examination tests,
demonstrations and presentations, reports and
produktions, essays, and also presence at
The examinations contribute to the final grade as
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until further notice