The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is that students have the skills in order to assess the health, movement and function in people of different ages. Based on this, the student can identify individual health resources and obstacles, and plan and implement appropriate interventions.
After completing the course, students have the skills to apply technology in the assessment of motion and ability to function and be able to critically review and analyze the results. Students are expected to report assessment results and, based on these plan and implement interventions for any specific audience.
Health Checks for different audiences
Measurements of body composition
Exercises To report written and oral tests, practical exercises in planning and implementing interventions for any specific audience
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Physiotherapeutic assessments and methods I and II
Previous course names
Applied physiotherapy assessment
The course has ( 80 %)he compulsory attendance.
Recommended or required reading
Jaana Suni ja Annika Taulaniemi (toim.); Terveyskunnon testaus,-menetelmä terveysliikunnan edistämiseen, 2012, Sanoma Pro Oy
Kari L.Keskinen, Keijo Häkkinen, Mauri Kallinen; Kuntotestauksen käsikirja 2010,Liikuntatieteellinen seura
Bellardini, H., Henriksson, A., Tonkonogi, M. 2009. Tester och mätmetoder för idrott och hälsa.SISU Idrottsböcker.ISBN 978-91-854 33-13-1
ACSM. 2006. ACSM´s Guidelines for exercise testing and prescription. 7th ed. ISBN-13: 978-0-7817-4590-1
- Lectures - 16 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 40 hours
- Practical exercises - 40 hours
- Individual studies - 37 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
- 1)cycle-ergometer test (passed/not passed) 2) a test regarding the competence of managing a health control (grade: 1-5) 3) a test regarding the competence of managing a testsituation (grade: 1-5)
To pass the course the student must pass the following examinations:
1.Practical and written assignments.
2. Compulsory presence (80%). Absence from lectures should be compensated with given tasks.
All tasks have to be done before the course grade will be given. Task which are handed in after the deadline will lower the grade.
- Ring Joachim
- Sievers Hannele
- Vaappo Marko
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
- Date will be announced later - Other assignments