The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to make students able to work in a senior position in the human resource department of a small to a medium sized firm.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to analyse, plan and execute the Human Resource Management strategy of a small to a medium sized firm.
Strategic Human Resource Management Workforce planning Recruitment Staff retention Managing attendance and absence Talent management Setting pay Health and well being
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Previous course names
The teaching will take place in small groups. The number of lectures will be kept to the minimum.
Recommended or required reading
Torrington, et al. Human Resource Management. Pearson.. Other reading material will be given in class
- Lectures - 5 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 50 hours
- Small-group work - 30 hours
- Individual studies - 42 hours
- Total workload of the course: 127 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 127 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Work in small groups, reports, a final examination. The groups will meet every week with their instructor individually.
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- Date of examination will be announced later - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions