The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Sports and health promotion 2007 - Instruction
- Sports and health promotion 2006 - Instruction 2+3
- Sports and health promotion 2008 - Pedagogics and instruction
- Sports and health promotion 2009 - Pedagogics and instruction
- Sports and health promotion 2010 - Pedagogics and instruction
- Sports and health promotion 2011 - Pedagogics and instruction
- Sports and health promotion 2012 - Pedagogics and instruction
- Sports and health promotion 2013 - Pedagogics and instruction
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
- Learning Skills
-Can develop his/her own skills and see which are the development needs
-Can learn with others and share their knowledge in their workplace
-Can plan, organize and develop their own business
- Expertise in sport and exercise
-Understand the sports as an opportunity and tool to develop following themes: motor skills, physical condition, self-expression and promoting health
-Know the basics of anatomy and physiology and can apply the knowledge in the promotion of health and physical activity for different target groups
- pedagogical and didactic skills
- Can purposeful and versatile use different models and styles for instruction and teaching to different target groups
- Able to plan, implement, evaluate, and develop physical activities.
- Can utilize physical activity opportunities to support human development.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to
-create and implement practical lessons in various forms of exercise for different target groups
-use the music and explain the movements (reasons for those) when instructing various forms of exercise
-understand the importance of knowing the target group in the planning and instructing
-can plan appropriately gymprogram and analyze the results
-become familiar with muscle care, taping and fitness
-may explain the significance of muscle care for their groups
-the basics of using taping in various contexts in motion
Lectures, teaching practices and practical lessons
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Anatomy and physiology course
Recommended or required reading
Material which students get during course.
Delavier, F.2006. Lihaskuntoharjoittelun perusteet, VK – kustannus oy (finns också på svenska)
- Lectures - 33 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 50 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 20 hours
- Individual studies - 30 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
The portfolio should be done in groups of three people.
The group plans and implements an exercise workouts together. All participants in the group should prepare to lead the whole hour alone. In reality each student will run 20 minutes "aerobic lesson".
The group will also plan and implement a one-month gymprogram for granted as areas for group members.
The assessment for the course is based on instruerandet on the hour (20 minutes) 70% and examination (muscle therapy) 30%. Portfolio may increase or decrease (+ / -1) grade for the course.
Porfolion is divided into six parts, otherwise the design is free. Maximum 5 pages.
1) Program (to be shown to the teacher before training - date to be confirmed)
Material: Träningslära material Delavier, F.2006. Lihaskuntoharjoittelun perusteet, VK - kustannus oy (also available in Swedish), Fysiotools.
2) Analysis of the program's content, functionality, performance and so on.
b) Exercise classes in lecture hall
-Planning of the load curve (plotting it)
- "Sports -program" analysis (as an attachment)
- How does the target audience in your planning
What you need to consider when instructing?
-The objective level
- Choice of music and its importance to the movements
- The purpose of the exercise form
-The basic idea behind the exercise form, the main "movements"?
- Vaappo Marko
- Vienola Riitta
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- Date of examination will be announced later - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions