The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Im 2005 - 2006 - Economics and management
- Hagel 2001 - 2004 - Care management
- Ib 2001 - 2004 - Projects and seminars
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to show the students what it takes to start, grow and run your own company.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to: - evaluate his own potential to be an entrepreneur - brainstorm potential ideas for his own business - develop a business idea for his venture - describe and evaluate franchising concepts - describe and select low-cost marketing methods - write a proficient business plan for his venture - identify and select suitable financing for his venture - evaluate and select suitable IPR protection for the venture
The entrepreneurial mind. Starting your own company. Types of companies. Franchising. Low-cost marketing. Improving your cash-flow. Financial support for start-up businesses. Producing a business plan for your venture. Intellectual property rights, confidentiality aspects.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
General business knowledge gathered from Industrial Economics, Marketing or similar courses.
Previous course names
SYNTHESIS 2 entrepreneurship
The course timing will be coordinated with IM, IB and HAG student schedules.
Recommended or required reading
Official course notes on course webpage. Supporting literature: Zimmerer & Scarborough: Entrepreneurship & The New Venture Formation. McGraw-Hill.
- Lectures - 40 hours
- Exercise based learning - 10 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 20 hours
- Individual studies - 50 hours
- Total workload of the course: 120 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 50 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 70 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and presentations
- Reports and productions
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- Date of examination will be announced later - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions