The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Accounting and cost analysis (fe 2002 - 2004) - Marketing (alternative studies)
- Information technology (fe 2002 - 2004) - Marketing (alternative studies)
- International business logistics (fe 2002 - 2004) - Marketing (alternative studies)
- Marketing and communication (fe 2002 - 2004) - Marketing (alternative studies)
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to give "hands on" training in the use of quantitative methods in marketing research.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to
- explain the whole research process
- make questionnaires on paper with the program SNAP and on the Internet with the program Frontpage.
- independetly analyze questionnaires with the program SPSS.
- have the skills needed to independently plan and implement a quantitative thesis.
General principles of making questionanires.
The role of theory, the construction of questionnaires and different scales.
Training with SNAP and Frontpage.
Coding of questionnaires.
Analysis of data with SPSS.
Presentation of results.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Prior attendance at the courses in statistics and mathematics is recommended.
Mandatory attendance during computer exercises.
Recommended or required reading
Till valda delar:
SPSS Base manual,
- Written report
- Individual work
- Total workload of the course: 0 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 0 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Assignments valid until
Until further notice