The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Media culture 2014 - Various extension studies
- Media culture 2015 - Various extension studies
- Media culture 2016 - Various extensious studies
- Media culture 2017 - Various extensious studies
- Media culture 2017 (media analysis) - Various extensious studies
- Media culture 2018 (media analysis) - Various extensious studies
- Media culture 2018 - Various extensious studies
- Film and tv 2012 (cinematography and editing) - Extension studies: online media
- Film and tv 2012 (online media) - Extension studies: online media
- Film and tv 2013 (online media) - Extension studies: online media
- Film and media 2019 - Various extensious studies
- Film and media 2020 - Various extensious studies
- Film and media 2021 (online media) - Development studies: creativity
- Film and media 2021 (film) - Development studies: creativity
The course takes place in period
- 2 (2021-10-25 to 2021-12-31)
- 3 (2022-01-01 to 2022-03-13)
- 4 (2022-03-14 to 2022-07-31)
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to enable students to use their professional skills in real projects within or outside Arcada. The student will gain a deeper understanding of creative processes.
The learning outcomes focus on reflections on the project with perspectives of project execution, project management, time use and / or customer relations, etc. The learning outcomes are defined as a question together with the supervisor before the project starts. The focus is on a deeper understanding of the creative process. The learning result is presented through reporting.
The course consists of projects or project-based tasks, in teams or individually, that the students themselves acquire and maneuver. The student has to play a central role in the creative process of the project. Participants are enrolled to the course by the examiner after discussion and approval by the supervisor.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Adequate knowledge in the subject of the projects. Therefore, it is recommended that the course would be taken at a later stage of the studies.
The course is a project-based practical course with no lectures. It can be taken anytime during the academic year. Which projects are approved for the course should be discussed with the course teacher in advance. The language of instruction is both Swedish and/or English.
Recommended or required reading
Recommended: Rehn, Alf. 2010, Farliga Idèer, Stockholm: Bookhouse Stamm von, Bettina. 2008, Managing innovation, design and creativity second edition, Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd Andréas Breiler, Jonas Michanek. 2016, Idéagenten 4:e upplagan, Arx förlag
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 90 hours
- Individual studies - 45 hours
- Total workload of the course: 135 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 135 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Virtual self studies
Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
The course is passed and assessed on the basis of the project description and reporting. The reporting should be in-depth and focus on the relevant questions especially around the creative process. The reporting can be divided into seven or more specific chapters that present the different phases of the project; 1) presentation and background of the project (project description), 2) definition of need, 3) idea generation, 4) idea development and choice of idea, 5) the creative process in connection with the implementation of the project, 6) presentation and reflection of final results, 7) summary reporting about the learning process.
- Nordström Fred
- Törnqvist Jutta
Home page of the course
No limit (4 students enrolled)
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
Course enrolment period
2021-10-11 to 2021-11-07
Date will be announced later - Reports and productions