The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Cultural management 2012 - Cultural project management
- Cultural management 2013 - General studies
- Cultural management 2014 - Culture and communication
- Cultural management 2015 - Culture and communication
- Cultural management 2016 - Culture and communication
- Cultural management 2017 - Culture and communication
- Cultural management 2018 - Culture and communication
- Cultural management 2019 - Culture and communication
The course takes place in period
1 (2019-08-01 to 2019-10-27)
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The primary aim is to improve English communication skills for professional purposes.
Media content produced in other courses is compiled and used to develop professional competences in English.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to:
- demonstrate oral and written competence in English based on the professional skills gained in media and culture production work.
- demonstrate correct and stylistically appropriate use of English, both written and spoken.
- write professional documents (business letters, work applications, project proposals/offers, press release, reports) to promote career prospects.
- present professional subjects, both orally and in writing, in correct and appropriate language
- deliver an oral presentation on a professional topic using appropriate IT tools, e.g. PowerPoint.
Formal vs. informal English; spoken and written usage in the professional context; presentations in English; professional writing (business letters, work applications project proposals/offers, press releases, reports).
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Skill level B1.1 (Common European Framework)
Assignments must be handed in BEFORE deadlines. Coursework Tasks are mostly completed IN CLASS and are also subject to published deadlines.
Recommended or required reading
Materials provided by lecturer.
- Lectures - 30 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 5 hours
- Practical exercises - 20 hours
- Small-group work - 20 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 20 hours
- Individual studies - 40 hours
- Total workload of the course: 135 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 135 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Assessment is based on completion and submission of all graded assignments and Tasks (80% of course grade), coursework, attendance/participation in classes (20% course grade).
Attendance is compulsory
To pass the course the student should pass the following assignments:
1 Sufficient attendance in classes.
2 Deliver a presentation in relation to a production assignment or web portfolio.
3 Produce a work application suitable to the field.
4 Write a report using the correct structure.
Each assignment as well as tasks completed during the course and attendance contribute to the final course grade.
All assessed Assignments and Tasks are published in Itslearning.
Home page of the course
No limit (13 students enrolled)
Assignments valid until
Until date 2019-11-01
Course enrolment period
2019-08-12 to 2019-09-08
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
|2019-09-02||09:15 - 12:00||F249||Engelska (MK)||Kimberley Nigel|
|2019-09-09||09:15 - 12:00||D4106||Engelska (MK)||Kimberley Nigel|
|2019-09-16||09:15 - 12:00||E383||Engelska (MK)||Kimberley Nigel|
|2019-09-23||09:15 - 12:00||E383||Engelska (MK)||Kimberley Nigel|
|2019-09-30||09:15 - 12:00||E383||Engelska (MK)||Kimberley Nigel|
|2019-10-07||09:15 - 12:00||D4107-08||Engelska (MK)||Kimberley Nigel|
|2019-10-14||09:15 - 12:00||Engelska (MK)||Kimberley Nigel|
|2019-10-21||09:15 - 12:00||Engelska (MK)||Kimberley Nigel|