The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
- to develop competences in oral English for giving personal presentations on experience, qualification and achievements. - to develop competences in using oral English for professional purposes in the media field, especially in relation to submitting written and oral project proposals.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to: - prepare and deliver a presentation on a professional topic, in correct and appropriate language, using appropriate IT tools, e.g. PowerPoint. - deliver a competent oral presentation of his/her personal web portfolio, production assignments.
Preparing and delivering oral presentations; structure, style, technique.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Skill level B1.1. (Common European Framework)
Due dates are firm! Attendance is compulsory.
Recommended or required reading
Material provided by the lecturer.
- Lectures - 30 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 21 hours
- Individual studies - 15 hours
- Total workload of the course: 66 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 66 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
To pass the course the student should pass the following examinations: Complete all assignments shown in Itslearning. The assignments contribute to the final grade as follows: Oral presentations up to 40% each. Attendance up to 20%, graded accordingly: 59-62% 1 63-67% 1,5 68-72% 2 73-77% 2,5 78-81% 3 82-86% 3,5 87-91% 4 92-96% 4,5 97-100% 5
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until date 2015-03-15
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions