The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Information technology 2014 - Machine learning and decision support system development
- Information technology 2015 - Machine learning and decision support system development
- Information technology 2016 - Machine learning and decision support system development
- Information technology 2017 - Machine learning and decision support system development
- Information technology 2018 - Machine learning and decision support system development
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is that the student learns to apply machine learning as a method for processing data. The course focuses on the use and treatment of time series data and then perform regression analysis.
After completing the course, the student is expected to be able to solve specific problems where supervised learning is used as a training method to create models that predict future events.
Analytical concepts Interpretation and processing of input and output Application of machine learning Graphical representation of results
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The courses: Data Processing and Data Science Descriptive Analytics - Data/Text Mining Computer vision
The student should follow the announced time frames for the project, only in exceptional cases can they be changed.
Recommended or required reading
Provided through ItsLearning.
- Lectures - 30 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 30 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 60 hours
- Individual studies - 15 hours
- Total workload of the course: 135 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 135 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
To pass the course the student is required to complete and present a project announced through ItsLearning.
- Westerlund Magnus
- Scherbakov-Parland Andrej
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
Date will be announced later - Reports and productions