The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Film and tv 2013 (producing films) - Media analysis and critique
- Film and tv 2013 (scriptwriting and directing) - Media analysis and critique
- Film and tv 2013 (cinematography and editing) - Media analysis and critique
- Film and tv 2013 (sound and music) - Media analysis and critique
- Film and tv 2013 (online media) - Media analysis and critique
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to
analyze and critically evaluate an image based on style, color and
shape and reflect on its ideological content.
The aim of the course is that students are aware of cultural
expression and visual artists from different times and get an idea of
;the various activities in visual arts.
For three weeks, students work intensively with three homexams
that develops your ability to work with and analyze images.
Equally present as images are paintings, prints, drawings, equal
Currently, they are in everyday life photo album, in broadcasting,
advertising campaigns and different visual expressions such as
fashion and design. This week we go into the arts and
images rich diversity and the methods and theories
developed for people to understand the visual arts better.
During the course you will learn the basics of image analysis and
gain insight into
art history. You're visiting the exhibitions and immerses you in
image analysis and art history by making three tasks
individually about the art and artists of your choice.
During the excursions, choose a piece of art that you analyze
and presents under a närstudietillfälle after the excursion. on
This allows you to act as an expert and discoverer while
we learn from each other.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Previous course names
TV-1-001 (0) - Konsthistoria och bildanalys
Recommended or required reading
H.W. Janson. Konsten. Bonniers förlag. (Alla upplagor duger)
Ni kan också använda t.ex. A World History of Art
av Hugh Honour, John Fleming
Cynthia Freeland.2006. Konstteori- en introduktion. Sverige.
Raster Förlag (Cynthia Freeland, But is it Art? Introduction to Art
Theory. Kan också användas).
Elovirta, A. & Lukkarinen, V. (toim.).
1998 , Katseen rajat: Taidehistorian metodologia. Gummerus
- Lectures - 40 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 20 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 23 hours
- Individual studies - 50 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
To pass the course the student should pass the following
examinations: Check Its learning
- Nordström Robert
- Träskman Tomas
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
2013-12-14 - Reports and productions