The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Emergency care 2005 - Thesis work and methodology
- Emergency care 2004 - Thesis work
- Emergency care 2006 - Thesis work and methodology
- Emergency care 2008 - Thesis work and methodology
- Emergency care 2007 - Thesis work and methodology
- Emergency care 2009 - Thesis work and methodology
- Emergency care 2010 - Thesis work and methodology
- Emergency care 2011 - Thesis work and methodology
- Emergency care 2012 - Thesis work and methodology
- Emergency care 2013 - Thesis work and methodology
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is
- the student is able to define and to deepen a theme for developing of emergency care and paramedic field.
- the student can apply scientific knowledge and methods systematically.
- the student can read research based literature and can interpret them by using a theoretical frame based on science.
- the student can use supervising adequacy.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to
- write a thesis work based on the research process using scientific methods
- has capacity to logical and critical examine and interpret thesis works
- can present data based on scientific principles
and can argue for her/his statements
Individual and group counseling.
Participation in idea seminars and plan seminars.
Participation in twelve thesis seminars, three of these should be realized in other education programme.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Courses in Knowledge Theory and Research Methods
It is recommended that the thesis is a part of a project.
Recommended or required reading
Arcada guide for thesis
- Small-group work - 50 hours
- Individual studies - 350 hours
- Total workload of the course: 400 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 400 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
To pass the course the student should pass the following examinations:
Examination 1 ....
Examination 2.... etc.
(examinations include written examination tests, demonstrations and presentations, reports and produktions, essays, and also presence at specified occasions)
The examinations contribute to the final grade as follows: ...
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
The timetable of the course
Avdelningens tidtabell för examensarbetsprocessen för läsåret 2011-2012 finns tillgänglig på nätet
2012-04-10 - Reports and productions