The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Media culture 2014 - Assitant and mentor courses
- Media culture 2015 - Assitant and mentor courses
- Media culture 2016 - Assitant and mentor courses
- Media culture 2017 - Assitant and mentor courses
- Media culture 2017 (media analysis) - Assitant and mentor courses
- Media culture 2018 (media analysis) - Assitant and mentor courses
- Media culture 2018 - Assitant and mentor courses
- Media culture 2019 - Assitant and mentor courses
The course takes place in period
- 1 (2019-08-01 to 2019-10-27)
- 2 (2019-10-28 to 2019-12-31)
- 3 (2020-01-01 to 2020-03-22)
- 4 (2020-03-23 to 2020-07-31)
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Total number of ECTS
The aim of this course is to help students to widen their professional network and to gain practical experience of coaching and mentoring in media production.
After completing the course the student should be able to have a basic idea of the mentors's role in media production and gain an understanding of how it performed in a production context.
The student is also expected to be able to work as a mentor and perform supervisor tasks in media productions.
Working as a mentor for supervised student productions.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Good knowledge in the field mentoring covers.
The student can attend the course anytime during the year. Course registration is done by the head of the programme when menthorship has been verified.
Project- and production work/artistic activities - 67 hours
- Total workload of the course: 67 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 67 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Verified participation as a mentor in a student production (certified by the producer of the production i.e by a written confirmation which is attached to the report). The student should also submit a report containing the following:
- description of the work done
- name of the mentored student and description of the co-operation between mentor and assistant
- time and attendance report
- self reflection on the lessons learned during the mentoring including an evaluation on the student?s ability to to work as a mentor for younger an less experienced colleagues
Please send your report along with any attachments to Head of Programme.
- Nordström Fred
- Nordström Robert
Home page of the course
No limit (2 students enrolled)
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
The timetable of the course
Se ASTA/ARBS eller separat tidtabell
Course enrolment period
2019-08-12 to 2019-09-08
Date will be announced later - Reports and productions