The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Media culture 2007 (scriptwriting) - Scriptwriting masterclass
- Media culture 2007 (directing) - Directing masterclass
- Media culture 2007 (cinematography and editing) - Cinematography and editing masterclass
- Media culture 2007 (production) - Production masterclass
- Media culture 2007 (audio production) - Audio production masterclass
- Media culture 2008 (scriptwriting) - Single camera production
- Media culture 2008 (cinematography) - Extension studies: film course
- Media culture 2008 (audio) - Masterclass
- Film and tv 2009 (directing) - Extension studies: film course
- Film and tv 2009 (cinematography and editing) - Extension studies: film course
- Film and tv 2010 (scriptwriting) - Film course
- Film and tv 2010 (cinematography and editing) - Extension studies: film course
- Film and tv 2010 (directing) - Extension studies: film course
- Film and tv 2013 (scriptwriting and directing) - Extension studies: film course
- Film and tv 2013 (cinematography and editing) - Extension studies: film course
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
By working on a longer manuscript, the student has the opportunity to take advantage of breaks, moods and twists in the narrative storytelling.
Be able to work out a style of sound and visual narrative that supports the script.
Film course is a production-oriented course in which students are given the opportunity to work with a longer story.
The course includes a planning and preparation period and then a recording session.
The planning period includes seminar sessions where all students participate in the discussion of each script and visions of the film.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Shortfilm 1-2, Lighting and post production
Previous course names
FILM and HD.
The student presents the idea, storyboards and a production plan.
The student also writes a journal of the work process.
Recommended or required reading
announced when course starts
- Lectures - 10 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 13 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 30 hours
- Small-group work - 15 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 65 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
In connection with the final film the student write an reflection of something in the movie that was the big challenge.
The examination is a part of how you have managed to process your own challenge in the film. The reflection is written after a given design available on Itslearning.
- Grabber Klaus
- Granath Thomas
- Nordström Fred
- Nordström Robert
- Nåls Jan
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
Date will be announced later - Reports and productions