A student who completes part of their degree at a university abroad must make a Learning Agreement in advance. The Learning Agreement is a study plan covering all study attainments that the student intends to take at the foreign university. The Learning Agreement is signed by the degree programme director, after which it is binding for Arcada.

If the student during his/her stay abroad realises that he/she cannot follow the Learning Agreement, he/she must immediately contact the amanuensis to discuss the changes.

If the Transcript of Records issued by the foreign university matches the Learning Agreement, the student does not have to apply for accreditation. The student only submits these documents to the Student Affairs Office in C3 for registration. If the courses performed differ from the Learning Agreement, the student must apply for accreditation in normal order.