Below we provide instructions for backing up email messages from the old Arcada webmail system (Horde / Roundcube).
- Start by installing Thunderbird
- Configure the Arcada email account in Thunderbird.
There are two ways of preserving the messages: Option A & B
Option A: Thunderbird Offline-mode
If you are already using Thunderbird for email accounts other than Arcada, use instead option B.
- Press ALT + F, and the menu appears.
- Choose Offline -> Work Offline.
Before Offline-mode starts, Thunderbird will download all messages locally.
Continue using Thunderbird in Offline-mode indefinitely.
Option B: Copy messages to Local Folders in Thunderbird
- Create an "old-inbox" folder under Local Folders.
- Copy all email from your inbox to the old-inbox folder.
- Drag all Arcada email folders under Local Folders in Thunderbird.