Helsinki offers free-of-charge contraception for those under the age of 25. Free-of-charge contraception is offered to everyone under the age of 25 (including those who have used contraceptive pills/a vaginal ring, IUD or contraceptive implant before) as well as non-local students or those who have chosen Helsinki’s health center services.
You can get free-of-charge contraception:
Under 25 year
- Contraceptive pills or a vaginal ring for one year from the basic range of medicinal products
- A copper or hormone IUD as well as a contraceptive implant up to the age of 25
- Condoms are available from health care units
Over 25 year
- Your first a copper or hormone IUD or contraceptive implant
- If you have not used contraceptive pills or vaginal ring before, you will get a 3-month trial from the public health nurse. At the same time, you will agree how you get the rest of the supply.
How to proceed?
Contact FSHS if you are a degree student at Arcada.
You can also contact the Centralized Contraceptive Advice Service, tel. 09 310 45566. In case you need to renew you receipt take contact for your local health station.