Save files on Office365/OneDrive:
- You want to have access to and edit your files from anywhere, even when you do not have your computer with you.
- Document files like Word, Excel, Powerpoint can be edited straight from the browser.
- You can access and edit your files even from your mobile devices like a phone or tablet. The edits are updates automatically.
- You can share with others and co-edit as well as view detailed edit history.
- 1 TB of storage. That's a lot of storage.
- Make sure the files are GDPR sensitive.
- Avoid large files
- But you can link to files on OneDrive
- Files containing any kind of sensitive information should go here.
- Files that you want to make sure are not spread without your consent.
Avoid USB-sticks and local drives:
We do not recommend saving locally on the computer or on the desktop. It is very unadvisable to save important files on USB-sticks.
Tens of students each year lose their USB-sticks, usually, the student has forgotten the memory stick in the computer and somebody has stolen it before the students return.
Arcada takes backups of the most important file server in-house. If you mistakenly erase a file in your homedrive for example, it is very likely that the IT-unit can restore it. (The trashcan functionality is not used in our Windows installations.)