All students living and studying in Helsinki can receive the vaccine in Helsinki. Exchange students are also vaccinated in Helsinki. High vaccination coverage ensures that students can continue to attend contact teaching and participate in important events.
The COVID-19 vaccinations offer protection against the symptomatic coronavirus disease and in particular its severe variations. Even if the vaccine does not provide complete protection against the disease, it will mitigate the disease and prevent severe forms of the disease.
First dose of COVID-19 vaccine
You can obtain your first dose of the vaccine can at city vaccination points or pop-up vaccination points without an appointment. Vaccination points and pop-up vaccination points can be found here. External link
You can also book an appointment for the vaccination at bookcovidvaccine.hel.fi External link or by calling 09 310 46300 (on weekdays 8:00–18:00).
Always take your identity card or Kela card with you to the vaccination.
The second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is given 8–12 weeks after the first dose. You will be given an appointment for the second dose at the time of the first dose. You can also book both vaccination appointments at the same time.
The second dose is not yet available without an appointment.
Please remember the following when arriving at the vaccination point:
- Do not come for the vaccination if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. Typical symptoms include fever, coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath, muscle ache, nausea, deterioration of general health and, as a fairly common symptom, weakened sense of smell or taste.
- Do not come for vaccination if you have been ordered into quarantine. If you have recently been abroad, follow the current health and safety guidelines regarding entry into the country.
See here for more information on what to do after entry External link.
- Wear clothes that make it easy for you to expose your upper arm.
- Please be prepared to prove your identity with an identity or Kela card and have your card ready as you wait.
- Wear a mask.
- Take care of hand hygiene.
- Maintain a distance of at least two metres from other people.
- Avoid strong fragrances.
- Prepare to stay at the location for at least 15 minutes after the vaccination so that the staff can monitor your condition.