For the time being, the education at Arcada will continue as usual, but we have cancelled all visits from abroad (e.g. guest lecturers) and staff that have been travelling abroad are required to work from home for 14 days when returning home. The UAS is ready to handle all education remotely (online) if the need arises. You will be informed by mail if this concerns your courses. Please make sure to check your e-mail and the corona-page on Start on a daily basis for any updates.
In an effort to protect people who are at higher risk of getting sick (elderly people, people with chronic medical conditions), the authorities are working to minimise and delay the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). It is our common responsibility to work towards minimising the risks.
Arcada has a crisis group that meets daily for a review of the situation. In addition to the authorities’ instruction, we also actively follow the development in the other Nordic countries. From now on, the information on Start will be updated daily.
If you experience symptoms of a cold, please stay at home until you recover (at least until you are completely fever free). Don’t hesitate to keep in contact online with family, friends and teachers. Physical quarantine doesn’t mean social quarantine.
If you have returned or are returning from travelling abroad (e.g. vacations, internships abroad or exchange studies), you should study remotely from home for 14 days. Contact your amanuensis immediately to agree on necessary arrangements:
- Enoksson, Maria / Health and Welfare: 0294 282 572, email@example.com. Programmes: Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Sports and Health promotion, Social services, Health Promotion
- Falcao, Elina / Energy and Materials Technology: 0294 282 581, firstname.lastname@example.org. Programmes: Energy and Environmental Engineering, Materials Processing Technology (Process- och materialteknik)
- Genberg, Camilla / Business Management and Analytics: 0294 282 672, email@example.com . Programmes: Business Administration, International Business, Information Technology, International Business Management (Master), Big Data Analytics (Master)
- Löv, Monica / Culture and Media: 0294 282 568, firstname.lastname@example.org. Programmes: Film and Media, Cultural Management, Media Management (Master)
- Åkermarck, Erica / Healthcare: 0294 282 809, email@example.com. Programmes: Midwifery, Emergency Care, Public Health Care, Nursing (Sjukskötare)
In accordance with the Government’s recommendation, Arcada strongly recommends that all private trips abroad are cancelled.
Family member or room mate returning from abroad
If you have a family member/room mate who returns from travelling abroad and has cold symptoms, please study remotely for 14 days or until your family member has tested negative for corona.
If your family member/room mate returns from abroad and does not have any cold symptoms, you do not need to study remotely from home.