Documents that prove the legal grounds for your absence:
- Service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women's Voluntary Military Service (194/1995)
- Call-up order
- Maternity, paternity or parental leave
- Kela's certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy
- Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave
- Personal illness or injury
- Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning their studies.
- Obstacles caused by the practical arrangements required by the illness or injury: an adequate clarification, e.g. a certificate from the student housing foundation that the student is on the waiting list for an apartment required by his or her injury. The student's own notification is not an adequate clarification.
The documents must be in Finnish, Swedish or English.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Affairs.