You may change your registration status from absent to present at any time during the academic year. This means, however, that you will be retroactively registered as present from the start of either period 1 or 3. The change in registration status is effected by filling out form 1b Application for change of registration. If you have been absent it is recommended that you contact your amanuensis to make a study plan for the academic year.

You may change your registration status from present to absent for periods 3 and 4 by submitting form Change of registration - Presence/Absence by 15 January.

The Rector may on special grounds grant a student the right to change the registration from present to absent, even after the deadline (15.1). For example, military service, maternity leave, serious illness or injury, and particularly difficult circumstances are regarded as special grounds. If the application is sustained, the period of absence will commence at the start of period 1 (1.8) or period 3 (1.1). If you wish to change your registration to absent on special grounds, you should contact Student Affairs, to discuss the issue before submitting the application.