The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Emergency care 2005 - Menthal aspects in social- and healthcare
- Emergency care 2006 - Menthal aspects in social- and healthcare
- Occupational therapy 2005 - Menthal aspects in social- and healthcare
- Occupational therapy 2006 - Menthal aspects in social- and healthcare
- Physiotherapy 2005 - Menthal aspects in social- and healthcare
- Physiotherapy 2006 - Menthal aspects in social- and healthcare
- Social services 2005 - Menthal aspects in social- and healthcare
- Social services 2006 - Menthal aspects in social- and healthcare
- Nursing 2005 (nursing) - Menthal aspects in social- and healthcare
- Nursing 2006 (nursing) - Menthal aspects in social- and healthcare
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is that the students deepen their knowledge of health - ill health in different ages from a life course perspective. The students develop their ability to plan, implement and evaluate projects.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to
* identify mental health risks and resources in different age groups.
* to have deeper knowledge of bodily expressions and realise the dynamics between body and soul.
* to be able to contribute in a creative way to projects.
* Life course perspective
* Children feeling mentally ill
* Challenges in adolescence
* Adults- dependence and personality dynamics
* Movement analysis in different age groups.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Mental Health aspects (Common studies)
Recommended or required reading
Griffiths, S. , Corr, S. 2007. The Use of Creative Activities with People with Mental Health Problems: a Survey of Occupational Therapists. British Journal of Occupational Therapy. 3/2007, 70(3) s. 107 - 114
Lloyd, C. , Wong, S.R, Petchkovsky, L. 2007. Art and Recovery in Mental Health: a Qualitative Investigation. British Journal of occupational Therapy. 05/2007, 70(5). s. 207 - 214
Rawlins R.P, Williams S. R & Beck, C.K. 1993 Mental Health - Psychiatric Nursing St. Louis Mosby Year Book
Sinkkonen, J. 1997. Till alla barns försvar. Forum
Zollitsch Grill H.2008.Kroppsmedvetandet växer ur regelbunden övning.Tidningen Fysioterapi nr3/2008.
Vivanco Steen L. "Duktig tjej har lärt sig att lyssna på kroppen. Tidningen Fysioterapi nr1/2008.
Vivanco Steen L. Kan mental träning ge tryggare föräldrar? Tidningen Fysioterapi nr3/2008.
- Lectures - 18 hours
- Exercise based learning - 3 hours
- Project work and productions - 113 hours
- Total workload of the course: 134 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 113 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 21 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Reports and productions
- Arell-Sundberg Marina
- Sievers Hannele
- Stenbock-Hult Bettina
Course completion date
Date for course completion will be announced later
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
- Date will be announced later - Essays