The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Sports and health promotion 2007 - General studies
- Sports and health promotion 2006 - Common studies
- Sports and health promotion 2008 - General studies
- Sports and health promotion 2009 - General studies
- Sports and health promotion 2010 - General studies
- Sports and health promotion 2011 - General studies
- Sports and health promotion 2012 - General studies
- Sports and health promotion 2013 - General studies
- Sports and health promotion 2014 - General studies
- Sports and healthpromotion 2015 - General studies
- Sports and healthpromotion 2016 - General studies
- Sports and healthpromotion 2017 - General studies
- Sports and healthpromotion 2018 - General studies
- Sports and healthpromotion 2019 - General studies
- Sports and healthpromotion 2020 - General studies
The course takes place in period
3 (2021-01-01 to 2021-03-21)
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is:
- to improve spoken fluency in routine field-
- to develop the student's ability to interpret
and comprehend authentic English text.
- to develop fluency in both spoken and written
language for various purposes, with focus on
the field of study.
At the end of the course the student is
- be able to understand, interpret, and explain
terminology related to the field without major
- have developed his/her reading skills and
acquired vocabulary central to the field.
- be able to understand the main points of
standard speech on familiar matters regularly
encountered at work, in school and at leisure.
- be able to give clear, rather detailed
descriptions of technology and processes
connected to the trade.
- be able to interact with native speakers with
a high degree of fluency in customer-service,
negotiations and discussions.
- be able to give their personal details,
relate their education and work experience.
- be able to write a letter of application and
CV in an appropriate style.
- be familiar with e-mail and business writing
- be able to produce fundamental for the line
of business typical documents.
Social contacts, your place of work, work ethics,
current articles related to the field.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Skill level B1.1 (Common European Framework)
Studies at the Sports Instructor programme
(the course is not suited for students of other
Due dates are firm!
Recommended or required reading
Material provided by the lecturer.
- Lectures - 28 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 3 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 3 hours
- Small-group work - 6 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 15 hours
- Individual studies - 70 hours
- Internet-based studies - 10 hours
- Total workload of the course: 135 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 135 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
To pass the course the student should pass the
Examination 1 Sufficient activity (classes and
Examination 2 Write a report using the correct
Examination 3 Produce a well-structured
analysis or summary.
Examination 4 Hold a presentation.
Examination 5 Produce a work application & CV
suitable to the field.
Further smaller oral and written assignments
may be included as needed.
The examinations contribute to the final grade
Written assignments according to extent of
assignment up to 25% each.
At least one oral presentation must be held in
order to pass the course.
Attendance and activity up to max 20% and is
preliminarily graded accordingly:
Home page of the course
No limit (23 students enrolled)
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
Course enrolment period
2020-12-24 to 2021-01-20
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
|2021-01-11||10:00 - 12:00||Engelska II||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-01-13||09:00 - 11:00||Engelska II||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-01-15||11:00 - 12:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-01-18||10:00 - 12:00||Engelska II||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-01-22||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-01-22||13:30 - 15:00||Engelska II||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-01-25||10:00 - 12:00||Engelska II||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-01-27||09:00 - 11:00||Engelska II||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-01-29||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-02-05||13:00 - 14:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-02-08||10:00 - 12:00||Engelska II||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-02-12||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-02-15||10:00 - 12:00||Engelska II||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-02-19||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-02-25||13:00 - 15:00||Engelska II||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-03-01||08:30 - 10:30||Engelska II||Presentations||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-03-01||10:30 - 12:30||Engelska II||Presentations||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-03-01||12:30 - 14:30||Engelska II||Presentations||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-03-04||13:00 - 14:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-03-12||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-03-19||11:00 - 12:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-03-26||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-04-08||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-04-15||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-04-22||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-04-29||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||Ray Jan-Anders|