The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Emergency care 2005 - General studies
- Emergency care 2004 - Languages
- Emergency care 2006 - General studies
- Emergency care 2008 - General studies
- Emergency care 2007 - General studies
- Emergency care 2009 - Common general studies
- Emergency care 2010 - Common general studies
- Emergency care 2011 - Common general studies
- Occupational therapy 2005 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2006 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2008 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2009 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2010 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2011 - General studies
- Physiotherapy 2009 - General studies
- Physiotherapy 2010 - General studies
- Physiotherapy 2011 - General studies
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course: the student knows the basic elements in written and oral communication. He/she has a linguistic knowledgness and is aware of the importance of continuous learning to improve his/her linguistic skills.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to use his/her mother tongue correctly in different communication situations. He/she is familiar with basic business communication and can independently produce documents related to his/her own vocational branch. He/she is aware of the importance of life long learning to improve his/her mother tongue.
Written Communication, Commercial Vocabulary, Vocational Vocabulary, Information Retrieval, Meeting Technicalities, Literature.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Swedish as mother tongue or similar knowledge of Swedish.
More detailed programme for the course will be presented during the first lesson.
Recommended or required reading
Reuter, Mikael 2006 Översättning och språkriktighet. Helsingfors : Svenska Språktjänst Ab
Svenska skrivregler 2001 Svenska språknämnden. Andra upplagan. Stockholm:Liber.
- Lectures - 15 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 3 hours
- Exercise based learning - 15 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 10 hours
- Individual studies - 90 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 90 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 43 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and presentations
- Reports and productions
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until date 2012-04-08
The timetable of the course
Närmare program ges då kursen börjar i november 2011.
- 2011-12-02 - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
- Date will be announced later - Essays