The course is included in these curricula and study modules
<a href="/en/curricula/903000/2019-2020/84">Social services 2006 - Crises work</a>
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is that student deepens his/her
knowledge about psychosocial support and crisis work in social
- and health care. The aim is also to provide students with
learning experiences that will both develop practical skills and
encourage an understanding of the role of project work as a
mechanism for development.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to
- define crisis work, psychosocial support and crisis intervention
in relation to student´s own professional area.
- describe different kinds of crisis work and service
- plan, accomplish and evaluate a project in co-operation with
Students take part in project work related to crisis work and
psychosocial support in different areas in social-and health
Project is a set of task that has common objectives. A successful
project requires you to learn and appöy skills on project
documentation, communication and negotiation with different
interest groups, meeting practices, co-working in a group,
giving presentations, project management etc..
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basic courses in the student`s own professional area.Requirement
on having passed the course Crisis Work, common studies.
Previous course names
Compulsory attendance at seminars and project group meetings
Recommended or required reading
Literature according to project work.
The literature depends on the chosen topic for the project and it`s
specific area in social and health care.
Research articles which support the theoretical part of the project.
- Lectures - 4 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 0 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 14 hours
- Project work and productions - 115 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 115 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 18 hours
Mode of Delivery
- Demonstrations and presentations
- Reports and productions
Accomplished project work, oral and written presentation of project
work, compulsory attendance at seminars and group meetings.
- Cederberg Arla
- Kiukas Carina
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
The timetable of the course
Kursen inleds den 18.9 kl 12.30 med en introduktion.
Föreläsning om riksomfattande krisarbete samma dag 18.9. kl 14.15-15.45
Handledning (studerandena skapar själv sina grupper, högst tre personer i grupp)
5.10 kl 12.30 - 16.00
12.10 kl 12.30 - 16.00
22.10 kl 12.30 - 16.00
3-11 kl 9-14.00
4.11 kl 9-15.30
- 2009-11-03 - Demonstrations and presentations
- 2009-11-05 - Reports and productions