The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
give the students detailed understanding of the economic context within the company
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to:
- use basic knowledge of Economic Management
- prepare management reports on costing and profitability
- analyze profitability from different perspectives in the company
- Budgeting, Balanced Score Card and Employment Economics
- Cost and profitability analysis
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basic Business studies.
Previous course names
Recommended or required reading
Andersson, J-O mfl.: Finansiering och kalkylering.
Kaplan,R & Norton,D.1999.Från strategi till handling:The balanced scorecard.
Tomperi, S:Bokföring i praktiken, 2005.
Rautiainen M,Siiskonen M:Hotellin asiakasliikenne ja kannattavuus.
- Lectures - 10 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 26 hours
- Small-group work - 4 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 50 hours
- Individual studies - 28 hours
- Internet-based studies - 15 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Exam and report/presentation.
Mandatory attendance at presentations and potential guest lectures
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- 2013-12-03 - Exams
- 2013-12-11 - Reports and productions