The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to introduce the basic elements of written and spoken language, to train the student in language correctness, scientific writing, and the language of his/her own vocational branch.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to use his/her native language correctly in different communication situations. He/she has a basic knowledge of how to write scientifically with references and can independently produce documents related to his/her branch. He/she is aware of the importance of life long learning to improve his/her language.
Written communication, Vocabulary, Information Retrieval, Meeting Technicalities, Literature and Language Correctness
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Upper secondary school Swedish (native language) or similar knowledge of the language
Previous course names
Swedish 1 and 2 before August 2005
Detailed timetable to be distributed during the introduction. Information Retrieval is a compulsory part of the course.
Recommended or required reading
Reuter, Mikael 2003 Översättning och språkriktighet. Helsingfors: Svenska Språktjänst Ab
Svenska skrivregler 2003 Svenska språknämnden. Andra upplagan. Stockholm : Liber
Material distributed by the teacher.
- Lectures - 20 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 3 hours
- Exercise based learning - 25 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 15 hours
- Individual studies - 70 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 70 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 63 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Reports and productions
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until date 2010-07-31
The timetable of the course
Tidtabellen delas ut då kursen börjar och finns tillgänglig i ARBS.
- Date of examination will be announced later - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions