The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is that the students will know the basis of brand thinking and have produced a brand of their own, including the concept around the brand and its' graphical profile (logo and/or package).
After the course the students is expected to be able to identify brands and product placement in mass media. The students shall also understand the importance of constructing their own work with a characteristic image but also constrain a wide variation in the graphics they create.
The course teaches basic knowledge in brand thinking. Most of the course is based on research and project work that is supervised. During the course several smaller brand projects will be made. And the course is finalized with a bigger production where each student creates her own brand.
Please note! The course is not about marketing and economics, it's purely a conceptual and graphical course.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basic knowledge in html and graphical design.
Previous course names
All tasks and projects must be handed in maximum 2 weeks after the course has ended. Tasks handed in after the given deadline will automatically be graded with the number 1.
Being late from the lectures will affect the students course grade.
Recommended or required reading
Recommended reading will be introduced during the lectures.
- Lectures - 35 hours
- Exercise based learning - 8 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 20 hours
- Project work and productions - 53 hours
- Individual studies - 16 hours
- - 2 hours
- Total workload of the course: 134 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 71 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 63 hours
Mode of Delivery
- Demonstrations and presentations
- Reports and productions
Assignments valid until
Until date 2008-03-02
The timetable of the course
Kursen går under både period 1 och 2 och är upplagd så att vi försöker undvika kollidering med andra kursers deadlines (dvs. vi strävar efter att justera kursen så att föreläsnignar och presentationer fördelas flexibelt under perioderna).
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
- Date will be announced later - Essays