The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Cultural management 2012 - International cultural management
- Cultural management 2011 - International cultural management
- Cultural management 2013 - International cultural management
- Cultural management 2014 - International cultural management
- Cultural management 2015 - International cultural management
- Cultural management 2016 - International cultural management
- Cultural management 2017 - International cultural management
- Cultural management 2018 - International cultural management
- Cultural management 2019 - International cultural management
The course takes place in period
- 3 (2020-01-01 to 2020-03-22)
- 4 (2020-03-23 to 2020-07-31)
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
Extension Studies and Independent Project Work
The study plan contains broad studies (30 credits) eg language, Cultural Culture, Media Culture, Event Management festivals, etc. Extension studies consisting of a total of at least 10 credits can be completed during all academic years but the recommended time is the first, second and third academic year. Extension studies can consist of courses.
You are studying at Arcada or another college, or broad studies like you do as learning in work in eg a project or a production.
This is called independent project work.
Extension studies and production-oriented activities in courses apply to widely different types of projects, where the creative process is at the heart of the project.
It could be:
Production of works, projects and initiatives that make a creative process (eg music production, manuscript, performance, game, film,
documentary, radio program, app)
Proliferation of works, projects and initiatives in different contexts (eg festival, club, exhibition)
Productions that create a meeting place between students, artists / cultural actors and the audience (eg seminar)
The key word is innovation, which means development and testing of new ideas, concepts and processes.
To the production, the student will write a written part in the form of report, documentation, reflection, evaluation, etc. and one presentation (These project presentations are arranged 3 times a year).
- quality and innovation
- development (new interpretation, innovation, renewal of methods
- presentation and cooperation
(National / International)
- Mediation to the audience
- communication between professional actors and environments (for example, how the participating actors exchange experiences and knowledge, including the work processes, below different phases of the project)
- technical execution
- language processing
- analysis and reflection
- submission on time
In consultation with the person in charge of the course, the student completes the following plans:
Literature plan, from which appears what literature student intends to immerse himself in understanding the context for project / production. Imagine at least 3-5 academic articles, or / and one to two books.
With the course coordinator you identify keywords. You go to Arcadas library and book a time with an informant. (You can also do it via the network.) Together with the informant you are looking for relevant literature for the literature plan. The course manager will then
approve the plan.
NOTE! Some courses have completed literature lists.
Project / production / concept plane. The plan may include:
b. Description of the content
c. Answer to the question: How does the project contribute to development and
innovative thinking within the project's field of activity?
d. Description of the project's activities and timetable (what, where, when?)
e. Preliminary investigation / intelligence
h. Communication, marketing
j. Other information
Learning plan: From the plan it should be clear what the student is
intends to learn from the project / production and how this affects
student's professional identity.
NOTE. All plans are submitted before production in a portfolio (may be
In addition, you should do one
a. the project / production
b. Your own work (quality and innovation)
Reflection: On the basis of the literature in the literature plan you write a 5-10 page long text (see Arcade's Writing Guide!) about a subject
which you have agreed with it with the course coordinator. Deadline 2-3 weeks after production / project.
The presentation is evaluated with disapproval / disapproval and is one compulsory part of the broad studies. For approved presentation is assessed you with citation 1 in the broad study course. Testimonials on the scale 2-5 require
that you also do the plans and the reflection that is described.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Project- and production work/artistic activities - 270 hours
- Total workload of the course: 270 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 270 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
Course enrolment period
2019-12-24 to 2020-01-20