The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Industrial management 2005 (native finnish speaking students) - Engineering and design
- Industrial management 2005 (native swedish speaking students) - Engineering and design
- Industrial management 2005 (international students) - Engineering and design
- Plastics technology 2007 (swedish) - General engineering
- Plastics technology 2007 (international students) - General engineering
- Plastics technology 2007 (native finnish speaking students) - General engineering
- Plastics technology 2007 (native swedish speaking students) - General engineering
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
To give students the skills and understanding to analyze and solve engineering problems.
-To produce free body diagrams of engineering structures.
-To apply the equations of equilibrium in the solution of static engineering problems.
-To calculate the internal forces in truss members of bridges.
-To apply the principle of the conservation of energy in the solution of dynamic engineering problems.
- Concurrent Force Systems.
- Moments and Torque.
- Distributed Forces.
- Trusses, Frames, and Machines.
- Curvilinear Motion of Particles
- Newtons Second Law
- Energy and Momentum Methods
- Systems of Particles /Kinematics of Rigid Bodies
- Kinetics of Rigid Bodies in Plane Motion
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Recommended or required reading
Riley and Sturges,
“Vector Mechanics for Engineers-Dynamics”, Beer, Russell and Johnston.
- Lectures - 40 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 30 hours
- Individual studies - 60 hours
- Total workload of the course: 130 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 60 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 70 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Reports and productions
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
- 2008-04-10 - Exams
- 2007-01-21 - Reports and productions