The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Human ageing and elderly service 2009 (international students) - Leadership and management
- Human ageing and elderly service 2009 (native students) - Leadership and management
- Human ageing and elderly service 2010 (international students) - Leadership and management
- Human ageing and elderly service 2010 (native students) - Leadership and management
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
After completion of the course students are able to individually plan, design and develop activities with elderly that are aimed to enhance the quality of life for the elderly. Further, the student reviews how to plan and manage projects and outlines some of the basics of working in projects with teamwork.
This (5 credit) course is designed to integrate theory, practice and research of gerontology.The goal of course is that students receive basic skills in planning and implementing a project. NOTE THAT THE LESSONS ARE MANDATORY UP TO 75 %
Project-work, planning, leading and implement activities that enhance quality of life for elderly
Literature review in order to create evidence based actions
Recommended or required reading
National Framework for High-Quality Services for Older People. Publication 2008:5. Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. Helsinki.
Quality Recommendations for Guided Health-Enhancing Physical Activity for Older People. Publication 2004:6. Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. Helsinki.
Relevant recommendations, articles, project reports, lectures.
- Lectures - 20 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 49 hours
- Individual studies - 64 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
- Kajander Elisabeth
- Stocchetti Matteo
- Gustafs Christel
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
- Date of examination will be announced later - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions