The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Physiotherapy 2005 - Rehabilitative pt
- Physiotherapy 2006 - Rehabilitative phyosiotherapy
- Physiotherapy 2007 - Rehabilitative phyosiotherapy
- Physiotherapy 2008 - Rehabilitative phyosiotherapy
- Physiotherapy 2009 - Rehabilitative phyosiotherapy
- Physiotherapy 2010 - Rehabilitative phyosiotherapy
- Physiotherapy 2011 - Rehabilitative phyosiotherapy
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is that the student is familiar with reasons, symptoms, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of neurological diseases and injuries.The students know different approach to deal with neurological problems and is able to together with the patients find the best rehabilitation method to improve the persons movement ability and quality of life.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to describe the physiology of the human nervous system so that they can assess,plan, treat and evaluate the outcome of physical therapy for persons with neurological diseases and injuries.
The anatomy and physiology of the nervous system.
Different neurological diseases and injuries.
Principles and different approaches of assessment, planning, treatment, evaluation of the rehabilitation for persons with neurological diseases or injuries due to the persons living condition, life style and values.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Motor Control, Learning and Kinesiology
Applied physiotherapy I and II
Practical lessons and contacts with clients are obligatory
assessment of a client who have MS
Recommended or required reading
Stokes, M (2009): Physical Management in Neurological Rehabilitation.ISBN:978-0-7234-3285-2
and material from lectures
Literature for Exam 2.
Actual Articles which are chosen later on.
- Lectures - 76 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 10 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 60 hours
- Practical exercises - 10 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 8 hours
- Individual studies - 94 hours
- Seminars - 8 hours
- Total workload of the course: 266 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 266 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
- Jeglinsky-Kankainen Ira
- Kokko Anne
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
The timetable of the course
29.8. - 23.10.2013 och vecka 51 2013
Studiebesök 16.10 enligt egen tidtabell
Hemtentamen den 19.12
- 2013-10-23 - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
- 2013-12-19 - Other assignments