The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Media culture 2007 (digital multimedia) - Digital multimedia
- Media culture 2008 (digital multimedia) - Digital multimedia
- Film and tv 2009 (online media) - Advanced digital multimedia
- Film and tv 2010 (online media) - Advanced digital multimedia
- Film and tv 2011 (online media) - Advanced digital multimedia
- Film and tv 2012 (online media) - Advanced digital multimedia
- Film and tv 2013 (online media) - Advanced digital multimedia
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to deepen the knowledge in graphic design and to develop the visual ability and perception.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to work with graphics for web and print in the field, e.g. as a freelancer.
1. Research of branding 2. Color theory 3. General design tasks 4. Design for concepts
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Graphic design foundations or similar knowledge.
Recommended or required reading
Cap & design magazines Color Design Workbook - A real-world guide to using color in graphic design.
- Lectures - 40 hours
- Practical exercises - 20 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 40 hours
- Individual studies - 33 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Examination 1: Finished project 40% Examination 2: Tasks and presentations 20% Examination 3: Deadlines 20% Examination 4: Presence 20% The emphasis is on the practical work done within deadlines. Absence without notifying the teacher affects the grading even if all tasks would be finished within given timetable.
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions