The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
To provide an understanding of the most common traditional and
new organization theories and different leadership strategies.
At the end of the course the student is expected to know and be
able to put into practice different kinds of organization theories.
The student is also able to compare different organization and
The student is able to appreciate team-work and feedback in an
Organizational theories and models within tourism industry
Leadership vs. management in tourism industry
Strategies within the tourism industry
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Good basic knowledge about the industry as well as first and
second year courses, minimum 100ects
Previous course names
TU-2-015 (6 cr)
The course will start the 7th of September.
Recommended or required reading
Alvesson, M. & Sveningsson, S. (red.), 2007, Organisationer, ledning och processer, Studentlitteratur, Lund.
Ulla Eriksson-Zetterquist, Thomas Kalling, Alexander Styhre, 2005 (eller nyare), Organisation och organisering, Liber, Malmö
Rollinson, D. 2010, Organisational behaviour and analysis, Prentice Hall.
Bolman m.fl., 2012, Nya perspektiv på organisation och ledarskap, Studentlitteratur, Lund.
Thompson P. & McHugh D., 2008, Att arbeta i organisationer : ett kritiskt perspektiv på organisation och arbete. Liber, Malmö
- Lectures - 40 hours
- Small-group work - 20 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 40 hours
- Individual studies - 33 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
- Fabricius Susanna
- Hernberg Mervi
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until date 2015-05-31
- Date of examination will be announced later - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions