The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Occupational therapy 2014 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2015 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2016 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2017 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2018 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2019 - General studies
- Occupational therapy 2020 - General studies
The course takes place in period
2 (2021-10-25 to 2021-12-31)
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is:
- to improve spoken fluency in routine
customer-service situations in the field.
- to develop the student?s ability to interpret
and comprehend authentic English text.
- to develop fluency in both spoken and written
language for various purposes, with focus on
the field of study.
At the end of the course the student is
- be able to understand, interpret, and explain
terminology related to occupational therapy
without major difficulty.
- have developed his/her reading skills and
acquired essential vocabulary to support
communication in a professional context.
- be able to understand the main points of
standard speech on familiar matters regularly
encountered at work, in school, at leisure.
- to give clear, rather detailed descriptions
about services or processes, can give
instructions to clients.
- be able to interact with native speakers with
a high degree of fluency in customer-service,
negotiations and debates.
- be able to give their personal details,
relate their education and work experience.
- be able to write a letter of application and
CV in an appropriate style.
- be familiar with e-mail and business writing
- be able to produce fundamental for the field
Social contacts, your place of work, work ethics,
current articles related to the field, collecting
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Skill level B1.1 (Common European Framework)
Previous course names
SO-1-003 (0) English (5 cr)
Recommended or required reading
One of a selection of novels (decided on first
Other materials provided by lecturer.
- Lectures - 20 hours
- Practical exercises - 25 hours
- Small-group work - 10 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 40 hours
- Individual studies - 40 hours
- Total workload of the course: 135 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 135 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
To pass the course the student should pass the
Examination 1 Activity (exercises and classes).
Examination 2 Write a report using the correct
Examination 3 Produce a well-structured summary
Examination 4 Hold a presentation.
Examination 5 Produce a work application & CV
suitable to the field.
Examination 6 Reflective learning diary.
Further smaller oral and written assignments may
be included as needed.
The examinations contribute to the final grade as
Written assignments according to extent of
assignment up to 25% each.
At least one oral presentation must be held in
order to pass the course.
Activity up to 20% and is graded accordingly:
Home page of the course
No limit (30 students enrolled)
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
Course enrolment period
2021-10-11 to 2021-11-07
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
|2021-10-26||08:00 - 10:00||B522||English OT||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-10-27||08:00 - 10:00||English OT||Online lecture (see itslearning for zoom-link)||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-11-03||12:00 - 14:00||English OT||Online class (see itslearning for zoom-link)||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-11-04||09:00 - 10:00||English drop-in support||https://arcada.zoom.us/j/8401092702||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-11-08||09:00 - 11:00||B522||English OT||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-11-09||10:00 - 12:00||English OT||Online, check itslearning for link to meeting||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-11-10||09:00 - 10:00||English drop-in support||https://arcada.zoom.us/j/8401092702||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-11-15||09:00 - 11:00||B522||English OT||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-11-18||09:00 - 10:00||English drop-in support||https://arcada.zoom.us/j/8401092702||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-11-23||10:00 - 12:00||B522||English OT||Changed to on campus due to OT's schedule||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-11-30||08:30 - 10:30||B522||English OT||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-12-01||09:00 - 12:00||B522||English OT||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-12-02||09:00 - 10:00||English drop-in support||https://arcada.zoom.us/j/8401092702||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-12-08||08:30 - 10:00||B517||English OT||Presentations (register for one group on itslearning)||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-12-08||10:00 - 11:30||B517||English OT||Presentations (register for one group on itslearning)||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-12-08||11:30 - 13:00||B517||English OT||Presentations (register for one group on itslearning)||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-12-09||08:30 - 10:00||B517||English OT||Presentations (register for one group on itslearning)||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-12-09||10:00 - 11:30||B517||English OT||Presentations (register for one group on itslearning)||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-12-10||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||https://arcada.zoom.us/j/8401092702||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-12-17||12:00 - 13:00||English drop-in support||https://arcada.zoom.us/j/8401092702||Ray Jan-Anders|
|2021-12-20||10:00 - 11:00||English drop-in support||https://arcada.zoom.us/j/8401092702||Ray Jan-Anders|