The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course: the student knows the basic elements in written and oral communication. He/she has a linguistic knowledgness and is aware of the importance of continuous learning to improve his/her linguistic skills.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to use his/her mother tongue correctly in different communication situations. He/she is familiar with basic business communication and can independently produce documents related to his/her own vocational branch. He/she is aware of the importance of life long learning to improve his/her mother tongue.
Written Communication, Commercial Vocabulary, Vocational Vocabulary, Information Retrieval, Meeting Technicalities, Literature.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Upper secondary school Swedish (native language) or similar knowledge of the language.
Recommended or required reading
Reuter: Översättning och språkriktighet Svenska skrivregler Arcada's Thesis Guide
- Lectures - 50 hours
- Exercise based learning - 28 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 20 hours
- Individual studies - 35 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 35 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 98 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and presentations
Assignments valid until
Until date 2012-04-08
- 2011-12-02 - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Essays