The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim is to develop the students oral and writing skills in a professional context. The course also aims to give the student skills to use Finnish in professional contexts (writing documents in Finnish, attending meetings, giving presentations, using texts and vocabulary).
At the end of the course the student is expected to have the language proficiency in Finnish required in the civil service in bilingual municipalities and needed to support his or her professional development.
Letters of application and other work life documents and professional texts
Oral communication in professional situations
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Skill level B1.1 in the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Obligatory lectures according to the teachers timetable on itslearning.
Recommended or required reading
Material distributed by the teacher
Mattila, Heli; Ruusunen, Tuula; Uola, Kirsti.2006, Viestinnän työkaluja AMK-opiskelijalle. Helsinki: WSOY Oppimateriaalit Oy, 316 s. ISBN 951-0-30268-6.
- Lectures - 40 hours
- Exercise based learning - 14 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 6 hours
- Individual studies - 53 hours
- Web-based and web-supported studies - 20 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 73 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 60 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and presentations
- Reports and productions
Written assignments 20 %
Oral presentations 20 %
Exam 30 %
Oral test 30 %
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- 2012-03-08 - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions