The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Social services 2005 - The child and the developmental environment
- Social services 2004 - The child and its environment
- Social services 2006 - The child and its environment
- Social services 2007 - The child and its environment
- Social services 2008 - The child and its environment
- Social services 2009 - The child and its environment
- Social services 2010 - The child and its environment
- Social services 2011 - The child and its environment
- Social services 2012 - The child and its environment
- Social services 2013 - The child and its environment
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The goal is to provide a deeper understanding of the child´s learning and development through practical training
A student has adopted the values and ethical principles of the profession
A student is able to evaluate his or her own actions from a professional and ethical point of view.
A student is capable of recognising the clients’ individual needs. He or she is able to identify conflicts in values.
A student can take the clients’ individual needs into consideration. He or she is experienced in evaluating situations which involve conflicting values and is capable of working in such situations
A student understands the meaning of values and the conceptions of the nature of human beings for client work
A student knows the basics of professional interaction. He or she knows how to create professional interaction.
A student understands the meaning of goal-oriented client work. He or she knows how to work together with the clients in everyday life
AT THE END OF THE COURSE THE STUDENT IS EXPECTED TO BE ABLE TO:
- describe different kinds of day-care.
- show that she/he understands the meaning of pedagogical thinking and that she/he is aware of her own responsibility in pedagogical situations.
- take an active role in the working team and be aware of the importance of good cooperation with the family and other partners.
Social education/ preschool education
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The child and its environment part 1-3
Recommended or required reading
See Pedagogical knowledge and skills
Reetta Vehkalahti: Trygga barn Stärk barnets självkänsla med lekar och aktiviteter (2008)
- Small-group work - 10 hours
- Individual studies - 60 hours
- Practical training - 196 hours
- Total workload of the course: 266 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 266 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Written rapports and productions.
- Brantberg Bettina
- Nordlund-Spiby Rut
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
The timetable of the course
- praktikperioden börjar 14.4.2014 och slutar måndagen den 26.5.2014.
- den 27.5.2014 är en obligatorisk uppföljningsdag på Arcada
- arbetstid 7h/dag eller 35 h / vecka
- utöver detta självstudier
Date will be announced later - Reports and productions