The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Film and tv 2012 (producing films) - Media fundamentals
- Film and tv 2012 (scriptwriting and directing) - Media fundamentals
- Film and tv 2012 (cinematography and editing) - Media fundamentals
- Film and tv 2012 (online media) - Basics of digital multimedia
- Film and tv 2012 (sound and music) - Media fundamentals
- Film and tv 2013 (producing films) - Media fundamentals
- Film and tv 2013 (scriptwriting and directing) - Media fundamentals
- Film and tv 2013 (cinematography and editing) - Media fundamentals
- Film and tv 2013 (sound and music) - Media fundamentals
- Film and tv 2013 (online media) - Basics of digital multimedia
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to give an introduction to the cinematic storytelling.
This course is an introduction to working in a team and together reflect and analyze the exercises done during course.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to use image and sound in the cinematic storytelling narrative. To understand the importance of team work and to be able to work together towards a common
The course includes theory and practical exercises. The practical exercises is about statement exercises and perspective exercises in visual storytelling.
The theory provides bases in the cinematic
storytelling and the use of camera and sound technology.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Previous course names
Audio and Video Basics
Compulsory attendance is 80%
Recommended or required reading
Kari Pirilä, Erkki Kivi. OTOS. Like
Joseph V. Mascelli.The Five C's of Cinematography.
- Lectures - 40 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 40 hours
- Practical exercises - 40 hours
- Individual studies - 13 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Students are examined through analysis and discussion of the exercises that are made during the course and a personal movie exercise.
To pass the course the student must take part in team exercises and evaluations during the course.
Compulsory attendance is 80% of theory lessons
- Grabber Klaus
- Lindfors Kauko
- Nordström Robert
- Nylund Ludvig
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until date 2013-10-28
Date will be announced later - Other assignments