The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to learn to look critically at user interfaces in our surroundings and to be able to improve the weaknesses.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to make graphics and user friendly solutions for different interfaces, mostly web.
The course consists of lectures and projects (research, written and oral presentations and graphical design).
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Web design foundations, photoshop (or similar) foundations.
All tasks and projects must be handed in maximum 2 weeks after the course has ended.
Recommended or required reading
An up-to-date reading list will be provided during the first session, and made available online.
- Lectures - 50 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 10 hours
- Project work and productions - 40 hours
- Individual studies - 33 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 73 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 60 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and presentations
- Reports and productions
Examination 1: Tasks and presentations
Examination 2: Finished project
Examination 3: Deadlines
Examination 4: Presence
The emphasis is on the practical work done within deadlines. Absence without notifying the teacher affects the grading even if all tasks would be finished within given timetable.
Home page of the course
Course completion date
Date for course completion will be announced later
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
The timetable of the course
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
- Date will be announced later - Essays