The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Electrical engineering 2005 - Automation
- Electrical engineering 2004 (automation) - Automation
- Electrical engineering 2006 - Automation
- Information- and mediatechnology 2007 (electrical engineering) - Applied electronics
- Information- and mediatechnology 2008 (electrical engineering) - Information and communication technology (ict)
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to apply high language programming for the implementation of automation and communication tasks.
After the complete course the student is expected to program 8 - bit micro controllers with C for automation and telecommunication application.
Introduction to background and time driven processes, flow diagrams and state machines. Programming examples, hex-file generation och transfer to chip. 14 projects with PIC12F675 and PIC16F688
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Previous course names
mandatory presence, all exercises completed before exam
Recommended or required reading
- Lectures - 20 hours
- Laboratory lessons and tasks in a simulated environment - 50 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 63 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 0 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 133 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
To pass the course the student should pass the following examinations:
Examination 1 ....
Examination 2.... etc.
(examinations include written examination tests, demonstrations and presentations, reports and produktions, essays, and also presence at specified occasions)
The examinations contribute to the final grade as follows: ...
Home page of the course
Course completion date
Date for course completion will be announced later
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
2010-03-15 - Exams