The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Plastics technology 2010 - Finnish language
- Plastics technology 2011 - Finnish language
- Plastics technology 2012 - Finnish language
- Plastics technology 2013 - Finnish language
- Materials processing technology 2014 - Finnish language
- Materials processing technology 2015 - Finnish
- Materials processing technology 2016 - Finnish
- Human ageing and elderly service 2005 (international students) - Finnish language
- Human ageing and elderly service 2006 (international students) - Finnish language
- Human ageing and elderly service 2007 (international students) - Finnish language
- Human ageing and elderly service 2008 (international students) - Finnish language
- Human ageing and elderly service 2009 (international students) - Finnish language
- Human ageing and elderly service 2010 (international students) - Finnish language
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
To give the student further knowledge about the Finnish language and to improve the student's use of the Finnish language. The course goal is to be on level A.2.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to act in basic everyday situations and to have a basic knowledge of the Finnish language; to know some basic structures and for example to manage verb conjugation in present tense. At the end of the course the student is expected to - know how to introduce herself/himself - know how to to tell about studies and basic worktasks - know how to use where, from where and where to - structures in Finnish - know how to use the have structrue - know how to use partitive - know how to conjugate verbs in presens and know imperfect conjugation - know the basics of how the Finnish object is used - know how to use III. inf.
Further basic grammar Vocabulary of the daily life, professional situations and education. Texts and oral and written exercises.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Finnish for Foreigners I and II -knowledge is required. A.1.2 (European framework)
The course material is on Itslearning and in the course book Suomi sujuvaksi 1. The course covers the chapters 1-20 in the course book Suomi sujuvaksi 1. The emphasis is on own fiel vocabulary, past tense, object and inf. III and verbconjugation in presens and imperfekt.
Recommended or required reading
Coursebook: Marjukka Kenttälä: Suomi sujuvaksi I. Yliopistopaino. Helsinki 2007 ISBN 978-952-495-023-7 Material disributed by the teacher.
- Lectures - 55 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 16 hours
- Individual studies - 62 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Re-takes on 24.4. and
The course grade is based on: the written exam 100 % (2017) the oral exam and activity in class % Both should be passed.
Luomi Anna Maija
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- 2017-03-14 - Exams
- 2017-05-30 - Other assignments