The course is included in these curricula and study modules
The course takes place in period
- 1 (2019-08-01 to 2019-10-27)
- 2 (2019-10-28 to 2019-12-31)
- 3 (2020-01-01 to 2020-03-22)
- 4 (2020-03-23 to 2020-07-31)
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to get familiar with relevant professional networks and undertand their significance for engineering career development.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to identify the possibilities for professional networking and career development.
Independent assignments in Itslearning.
Excursions and lectures.
Group working in small group.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Course will involve excursions outside Arcada and several visiting lecturers.
Recommended or required reading
Announced in Itslearning.
- Lectures - 5 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 40 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 5 hours
- Small-group work - 10 hours
- Individual studies - 40 hours
- Internet-based studies - 35 hours
- Total workload of the course: 135 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 135 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
To pass the course the student should pass the following examinations:
Active participation in scheduled events + groupworking.
Assignments submitted in time in Itslearning.
Home page of the course
No limit (78 students enrolled)
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
Course enrolment period
2019-08-12 to 2019-09-08
|2019-09-12||15:00 - 15:45||D4109||Professional Networking / Course info||Andersson Mirja|
|2019-10-03||08:00 - 16:00||Professional Networking / Excursion Day||Andersson Mirja|
|2020-03-11||09:00 - 16:00||Professional Networking / Excursion Day||Andersson Mirja|
|2020-03-12||09:00 - 16:00||Professional Networking / Excursion Day||Andersson Mirja|