The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Emergency care 2005 - Rehabiliation
- Emergency care 2006 - Rehabiliation
- Occupational therapy 2005 - Rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy 2006 - Rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy 2005 - Rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy 2006 - Rehabilitation
- Human ageing and elderly service 2005 (international students) - Rehabilitation
- Human ageing and elderly service 2005 (native students) - Rehabilitation
- Human ageing and elderly service 2006 (native students) - Rehabilitation
- Human ageing and elderly service 2006 (international students) - Rehabilitation
- Social services 2005 - Rehabilitation
- Social services 2006 - Rehabilitation
- Nursing 2005 (nursing) - Rehabilitation
- Nursing 2006 (nursing) - Rehabilitation
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is that the student deepens her/his knowledge about rehabilitation from the perspective of the individual client and also from the perspective of the society. The student develops skills needed for project work. He/she can participate in multiprofessional project work.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to, as a member of a team, plan, accomplish and evaluate a project in the field of rehabilitation.
The students take part in project work related to rehabilitation for different client groups such as rehabilitation for children, adults and elderly.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basic courses in the student's own professional area. Rehabilitation Common part.
Compulsory attendance at seminars and project group meetings.
Recommended or required reading
Literature regarding project work.
The literature depends on the topic for the project and the specific client group.
Research articles which support the theoretical part of the project.
- Lectures - 4 hours
- Project work and productions - 130 hours
- Total workload of the course: 134 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 130 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 4 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and presentations
- Reports and productions
Accomplish a project. Passed in project presentation.
- Arola Annikki
- Kokko Anne
- Nordlund-Spiby Rut
- Sundell Solveig
Assignments valid until
Until date 2010-01-31
The timetable of the course
22.09.09: 08.00-16.00: PROJECT WORK
24.09.09:08.00-16.00: PROJECT WORK. SUPERVISION
29.09.09: 08.00-16.00: PROJECT WORK
01.10.09:08.00-16.00: PROJECT WORK
06.10.09:08.00-16.00: PROJECT WORK
08.10.09: 08.30-10.00:Team meeting whole group.
10-15-16-00:PROJECT WORK/WRITING PROJECT REPORT
13.10.09: SUBMISSION OF PROJECT REPORT
15.10.09: 09.15-14.00: Preparation for group presentation. Preparation of your part as opponent
20.10.09: Preparation for group presentation.
Preparation of your part as opponent.
22.10.09: 09.00-15.00: SEMINARS: PRESENTATION OF PROJECT. OPPONENT OF A PROJECT
- 2009-10-22 - Demonstrations and presentations
- 2009-10-12 - Reports and productions