The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Information- and mediatechnology 2008 (information technology) - Media production
- Information- and mediatechnology 2009 (information technology) - Media production
- Information- and mediatechnology 2011 (information technology) - Media production
- Information- and mediatechnology 2012 (information technology) - Media production
- Film and tv 2010 (online media) - Basics of digital multimedia
- Film and tv 2011 (online media) - Basics of digital multimedia
- Film and tv 2013 (online media) - Basics of digital multimedia
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to learn usto look critically at user interfaces surrounding us and to be able to find solutions to improve weaknesses.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to design user friendly solutions for different user interfaces, mostly graphical user interfaces on the web.
1. User interfaces 2. Usability 3. User friendliness 4. Target groups 5. Designing graphical user interfaces
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Web design foundations, Photoshop foundations or similar.
- Lectures - 20 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 40 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 33 hours
- Individual studies - 40 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Examination 1: Finished projects 40% Examination 2: Tasks and presentations 20% Examination 3: Deadlines 20% Examination 4: Presence 20% The emphasis is on the practical work done within deadlines. Absence without notifying the teacher affects the grading even if all tasks would be finished within given timetable.
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions