The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is the further development
of speaking, listening, reading and writing
At the end of the course the student is
expected to be able to
-book train and flight tickets, understand
-have some knowledge of the basic distinctions
between the use of the "passé composé" and
-describe persons, understand simple
-talk about the future.
-book a hotel room and pay for the room.
-make an appointment.
-talk about food, the weather, hobbies.
-understand simple texts where the topic is
-write short messages, postcards.
Telephone expressions, leaving messages, shopping,
leisure and hobbies, travelling,
"le passé composé" and "l'imparfait,"le futur".
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Previous course names
2010 French 3
Attendance is compulsory.
Recommended or required reading
Martikainen, Lindgren: Parfait 2.Otava, Helsinki
2012.ISBN: 978-951-1-23863-8.Texts 1-4.
Material provided by the teacher.
- Lectures - 34 hours
- Small-group work - 2 hours
- Individual studies - 47 hours
- - 50 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
The course grade is based on:
Written exam: 35%
Oral test: 35%
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- 2019-03-11 - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- 2018-03-14 - Other assignments