The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Mechanical and production engineering 2005 - General studies
- Mechanical and production engineering 2006 - General studies
- Plastics technology 2007 (swedish) - General studies
- Plastics technology 2010 (swedish) - General studies
- Plastics technology 2011 (swedish) - General studies
- Plastics technology 2012 (swedish) - General studies
- Information- and mediatechnology 2010 (media technology) - General studies
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim is to develop the students oral and writing skills in a professional context. The course also aims to give the student skill to use Finnish in technical contexts (writing documents in Finnish, attending meetings, giving presentations, using texts and terminology.
The languages used on the course are Finnish and Swedish.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to write documents within the own working area, letters of application, reports, notices and instructions. The student is also expected to act socially and take part in meetings and to present professional subjects.
Letters of application and CV
Notices and instructions
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Skill level B1 (Common European Framework for
Recommended or required reading
Kauppinen, A. - Nummi, J. - Savola T. 2006. Tekniikan viestintä. Kirjoittamisen ja puhumisen käsikirja. Sjätte upplagan. Helsinki: Edita Prima Oy. ISBN 951-37-4078-1
Husu, M. - Tarkoma, E. - Vuorijärvi, A. 2001. Ammattisuomen käsikirja. Sjätte upplagan. Borgå: WS Bookwell OY. ISBN 951-0-24618-2.
- Lectures - 44 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 12 hours
- Small-group work - 4 hours
- Individual studies - 75 hours
- Total workload of the course: 135 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 135 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
To pass the course the student should pass the following examinations:
Examination 1 ....
Examination 2.... etc.
(examinations include written examination tests, demonstrations and presentations, reports and produktions, essays, and also presence at specified occasions)
The examinations contribute to the final grade as follows: ...
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until date 2013-06-18
- Date of examination will be announced later - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
- Date will be announced later - Other assignments